A smart home - technology for your home
Whether you like it or not, the world is evolving and it was only a matter of time before our homes turned technical. The term ‘smart home’ has been penned, describing a place filled with Wi-Fi controlled gadgets and soon you’ll be able to control everything from your smartphone.
As with any modern gadget, they can appear almost space-like but there are a number of smart home appliances that can be integrated in your home with ease. Home tech is better than ever and ultimately changing the way we live so why not invite them into your house this month?
- Nest Smoke Detector. This smoke detector has an industrial style smoke sensor, can be silenced from your phone, tests itself automatically and lasts for up to 10 years. What’s more, it also makes you aware of any problems and alerts your phone.
- Phillips Hue Starter Kit. Control the atmosphere of your room with your phone. Change the lighting colour, control 50 bulbs on one app and sync them with other gadgets. Fancy flashing lights when you get a text message?
- Electric Window Blinds. Remote control your window fittings and with some systems, automate when you would like them open and closed.
- Nest Thermostat. Slash your energy bill and boost your smart home with this thermostat. This device learns how you like your home and adjusts the heat accordingly as well as being controlled through your phone.
- iKettle. Save time and boil from anywhere in the house as well as setting up wake up alarms. What’s better than walking in the front door to a boiled kettle ready to pour?
- Smart Garage Door Opener. This handy gadget turns your phone into a transmitter for your garage door or gate. Receiving signals from your phone your chosen gate or door will open and close quickly and safely.
- 360 Smart Bed. Not yet released, this bed will change the way you sleep. Ensuring you get a great nights sleep, the latest addition to smart home gadgets adjusts to body positions, tracks sleeping habits, wakes you up at the optimum time and can also detect snoring raising your head to clear your airwaves. We want one!
- Canary Security System. This device gives you all you need to keep your home safe. Watching for intruders, Canary will send you reports of any irregular activity and also monitor air quality and the temperature of your home.
- Logitech Circle. Watch over your home from anywhere with this portable device. Link with your phone and you can use the app to send voice commands. You’ll never have to worry about the dog being on the sofa again…
- iRobot Roomba. You’ll never have to trip over those pesky wires again as Roomba drives itself around the home, hoovering up as it goes before driving itself back to the start to charge. Mind Blown!
It may take some time getting used to all of the gadgets available but there’s no denying that once accepted into the family home, they can upgrade living in ways that have never been seen for this year, a smart home is the only home you need.